The following are general rules regarding participant’s eligibility and requirements.
- Indonesian Citizen
- Holding an ID card (KTP) issued in West Java
- Graduated from Senior High School or equivalent
- Never participating in any Youth International Exchange Programs organized by the Youth and Sport Ministry
- Passionate about youth empowerment and volunteering as exemplified by giving contribution to community through social, art and culture, entrepreneurship, sport, or any tangible activities
- Having knowledge of national and international issues
- Age limit for each program as follows.
- Australia Indonesia Youth Exchange Program : 21 – 25 years old
- ASEAN Students Visit India : 19 – 24 years old (College students only)
- Indonesia China Youth Exchange Program : 20 – 30 years old
- Indonesia Malaysia Youth Exchange Program : 23 – 27 years old
- Indonesia Korea Youth Exchange Program : 18 – 24 years old
- Ship for South East Asia Youth Program : 20 – 30 years old
- Physically and mentally fit
- Never consuming illegal drugs and committing crimes
- Able to communicate in English
- Required to bring an official cover letter/recommendation letter (Surat Pengantar/Surat Rekomendasi untuk mengikuti seleksi) issued by the local government or Dinas Pemuda dan Olahraga. The letter will be required as participants advance to the second phase of the selection.
Quota and programs are decided by the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Republic of Indonesia.